Monday, July 28, 2014

Hari Raya Puasa 2014

Each Hari Raya, my family will look forward to a sumptuous lunch at my sister-in-law's place where a huge Malay feast awaits us and all visitors.They even have catering equipment and heater to display the food they have cooked throughout the night. Beef beranyi, ayam merah, longtong, rendang, sambal tumis, achar and more. We had more than a serving each and I even had to skip tea that afternoon, something that is rare for me. Malay ladies do take a lot of pride in their food and it seems like a very natural tradition for girls in the family to learn how to cook. My husband's nieces seem to take on this course naturally. 




Beef  rendang 

Sambal Goreng with vegetables

Beef  Beranyi 

Achar 

Ayam merah 

Sambal tumis with quail's eggs

No comments: